I have to decide on the size of the box that I want to produce and add to our store. My first idea was a box with a size similar to the GMT, but someone suggested a slightly wider box and someone else a longer one. I know from experience that some people pay attention to ensuring that the box matches the others on the shelf.
Please give your voice via the poll at the bottom of the page.
What are the pros and cons of different boxes sizes:
GMT size, such as 1846, 1848, 1862 (305 x 229 x 77 / 12x9x3”).
- It is very deep and you will insert a lot of trays or gameboards into it.
- It is very similar in format to many other euro game boxes.
- Doesn’t fit A4,
- You can buy such a box from GMT,
- Not as wide as AAG.
AAG size, such as 18Chesapeake, 1849 (305 x 250 x 63 / 12x10x2.5”).
- wide nice box.
- shallow, fewer trays or thick gameboards will fit,
- you can buy such a box from AAG,
- doesn’t fit A4.
18DO size, this size seems the most universal (310 x 250 x 70 / 12.2x10x2.7”).
- it is almost as deep as GMT,
- its width is the same as AAG boxes,
- it fits A4 because it is longer,
- If you have games from AAG, the size will fit those boxes.
- since it is a combination of both boxes, this will be the biggest box.