Finaly GMT Games announced their next 18xx title. It will be 1862 by Mike Hutton and it’s on P500 list with price 55$ (regular 79$).
Accoring to GMT website, 1862:
1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties is an ’18xx’ game, one of many rail games by different designers inspired by Francis Tresham’s 1829. Although it shares many traits in common with the other 18XX games, it has several unique features, such as:
- random selection of companies
- three types of trains
- two different ways to finance companies (either by petitioning parliament or by piecemeal capitalization in a stock round)
- allowing companies to run multiple trains over the same track
- the ability to accommodate from 1 to 8 players
- a special homage to the great “Railway King” George Hudson
But GMT – we are still waiting which nex 18xx you want to publish. Good old games are great, but what with new one?